It feels a little odd for me to be putting all of this out on the interwebs for anyone to see. Granted, I don’t think a lot of people are just wandering by, poking their metaphorical heads in to see what’s going on. I’m not a hugely private person, in person with my friends and family I’m pretty darn open, yet it still seems strange to be so public.
It’s probably why some of my posts are a little wordy and uptight. I can’t quite let all the wacky, weird, and wonderful out yet. It’s like we’re dating, dear reader, I need to put my best foot forward. But in every relationship, you reach a point where you let some of your personal brand of crazy be seen, so here it goes:
A Few Fun Facts:
1. I was not born in Cincinnati, but in the home of Graceland and BBQ – Memphis, TN. Maybe it’s why I like Elvis and pulled pork so much.
2. My hubby and I met because we had each dated the other’s friend. Strangely enough, we are all still friends and hang out on a pretty regular basis. Our former partners did not end up together, which I am very grateful for since my friend would have murdered my ex by now.
3. I sing. A lot. As in all the time. I’ve done it since I was a baby – there are recordings of me singing myself to sleep. I sing in the car, at home, in a choir, and (when I’m concentrating on something) at work. I sing from operas, The Beatles, Britney Spears, and I sing them all with gusto.
4. I love to cook and bake. I like to watch Food Network and the Cooking Channel. As part of my domestic work and healthier eating, I’ve been cooking at home a lot more lately, and it’s been a great way for me to decompress after work. The baking is not so great for the weight loss effort, so I like to take treats into work.
5. There is a running history of mental illness in my family that can be traced back 5 generations. Typically, it strikes the women with bipolar disorder (formerly known as manic-depression). My sister lives with it, and with medication, has a full and productive life. I myself have been dealing with depression and anxiety since I was about 16, with varying degrees of success.
6. I am a Pinterest addict. One day, if I decide to give my full, real name and let this blog become public knowledge to my friends and family (beyond one friend and my hubby), I will link to my Pinterest so you can see my crazy in fuller detail.
So, shall we plan our next date?